What We Offer
Roade English Hub provides support to local schools, academies and free schools to improve teaching of phonics, early language and reading in Reception and Year 1.
This support includes:
- For those schools meeting the eligibility criteria, match funding of up to £3,000 is available to invest in resources and training;
- For those schools meeting edibility criteria and chosen to be a partner school, £6000 is available for resources and training alongside up to six days of school to school support over an academic year by one of our specialist English teachers;
- For schools meeting the eligibility criteria, where appropriate, full audit of a school's early language and phonics provision carried out by one of our experienced specialist Literacy Specialist, with support for further action planning.
- Training opportunities and an annual conference
We will prioritise applications from schools that meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Lower than average percentage of pupils meeting the expected standard in the PSC;
- Low attainment in the bottom 20% of children;
- A higher than average proportion of children eligible for pupil premium;
- Ofsted judgement of Requires Improvement or Inadequate;
- A high proportion of groups considered hard to reach such as boys; and,
- Schools referred by local partners (e.g. NLEs, LAs, Opportunity Area teams).
The programme is open to all state-funded schools and academies in our designated area.